Monday 18 March 2013

#ReadItMD13 Theme Week - "Brilliant Book Bloggers!" Day 1: Leyla at "This Day I Love"




Oh we've got a treat in store for you this week. A seriously talented bunch of lovely booky folk have kindly offered to join in with this week's #ReadItMD Campaign theme of "Brilliant Book Bloggers" - Six who have set the bar incredibly high for us newbies to follow.

So without further ado, I'll kick off with the first of our lovely blog entries from Leyla at "This Day I Love!"

Take it away, Leyla!


ReadItDaddy: Tell us your blog's name and who you are


I blog at this day I love. My name is Leyla and I am mummy to 2 beautiful girls. My blog aims to capture those precious daily Mummy moments.



ReadItDaddy: How long have you been blogging for?


I started this day I love on the 26th October 2012.



ReadItDaddy: What's on your book stack this week (childrens / grown up books count) ?

Grown Ups:
  • Underneath - Michael Cargill
  • Explosive eighteen - Janet Evanovich
  • The Boleyn Inheritance - Philips Gregory
Children's Books:
  • Pirates love Underpants
  • Angelica Sprocket
  • Greedy Goose
  • The Jolly Pirate
  • The Little Raindrop
  • Dear Zoo by Rod Campbell

ReadItDaddy: Give a very brief summary of why you think books are important to children...


Books encourage imagination and creativity. They give children the ability to think and can help provide understanding to often difficult situations such as death, moving house and new siblings.


ReadItDaddy: If you had to name one booky person as your complete and utter book-idol (Writer, Illustrator, Publisher etc) who would it be and why?


Very tricky as there are so many. I think though it would be Roald Dahl. Some of my favourite childhood memories are reading his stories, they provided me with laughter and fun and captured my imagination like no other author in all of his books.


ReadItDaddy: Name 5 books you think everyone should have in their book case (childrens OR adult book, or a mix if you like!)


  • The Faraway Tree - Enid Blyton
  • The Twits - Roald Dahl
  • The Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams
  • To kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
  • The Catcher in the Rye - J D Salinger

ReadItDaddy: Fantastic stuff, thank you very much Leyla! 

Tune in tomorrow for blogger number 2, the lovely Loll at Storyseekers