Tuesday 7 August 2012

Where's My Darling Daughter by Mij Kelly and Katharine McEwen (Oxford University Press)














Poppa Bombola is all in a tizz
Poppa Bombola's brain starts to fizz
You see he's lost his darling daughter
(Well not really, but sorta)
So he's running hither, and thither and here
To find his darling daughter dear.
He runs to the stable, he runs to the pond
But Poppa Bombola can't find out where she's gone.
He asks piggy, and horse, he asks chicken and cat.
But no one seems to know where she's at.

Poppa Bombola, in a bit of a doze.
Doesn't realise the answer is right under his nose!

As you can tell, I'm not a poet so I won't peel your eyes with any more of my terrible prose. Suffice to say that we rather liked "Where's my darling daughter" and its lilting rhyming text, and of course Poppa Bombola - the world's biggest worry wort. Be prepared to shout "BEHIND YOU!" along with your little ones all the way through this lovely book.

I'd like to have carried on this review in rhyme.
But as you can see, I'm all out of time...!

Charlotte's best bit: Piggies!

Daddy's favourite bit: Big hugs!

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars